Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Kyrgyz Chronicles!


If ever there’s a reason to restart blogging, it should be because I’ve MOVED TO KYRGYZSTAN! What a wild ride!

The last month has been crazy to say the least. The boy found a job in Boston, MA which is apparently now the new home! I was approached for a six-month voluntary assignment in Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan. Given that the wedding is next year and I would have had to move from DC anyways, I figured, it’s worth a shot. Turns out, it’s a pretty exciting opportunity too! So basically, in the past three weeks, I quit my job, wrapped up life in DC (which was a whole other ball game!), moved the boy and my stuff to Boston, set him up there, went to spend a week in Houston with my family – and voila! Arrive in Bishkek Sunday morning, and here I am!

I’ll get into the details of living n all that in a bit. Right now, there’s no internet at home, but I’m REALLY hoping that that is fixed soon. Once it is – The Kyrgyz Chronicles shall begin! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment