Thursday, February 9, 2012

The Making of Bridezilla

Artistic rendition of myself... by me.
In case I forgot to mention, I'm getting married in June... 2012... like literally in less than 6 months.

I spent the entire month of December wedding shopping and the fancy jodas with the bombardment of sequins and zari or the sole job description of buying shoes, purses, and random little things for the entire month didn't throw me off. What did was the wedding card.

When I saw our names carved artistically in Times New Roman italicized font in matte gold paint on maroon ribbon... the "Afshan's Pithi" and "Nikkah" and "Reception, and "RSVP"... the "Insha Allah on June 23, 2012"...that's when it hit me.

Holy shit... I'm getting married.

So now every time I think about the wedding, which is really 15 times a minute, the thought process kinda goes like this:

Afshan, it's going to be ok, you can start breathing again... no really breathe... ok now you're turning blue so if you don't breathe, really that's kinda it...POOF... ok, good, breathing is back. It's ok... it's going to be ok... Mortgage... Sharing a Bathroom....Sharing a Room... Sharing SPACE... Real Life Decisions.... Having to KEEP a Job... Life for Two... Dinner for Two... Movies for two... having taxes done (SCORE!)... sharing dessert... holding hands... being able to order the large menu at a fast food restaurant and sharing the calories with less guilt... being taken care of... being loved... having companionship...... HIM.

:) I'm getting married.


No comments:

Post a Comment